Our Plain Language Overview:
We, House of Uniforms, are an SME providing garments, branding & merchandise in the most professional & responsible manner that we can.
- If you buy something from us, or subscribe to our mailing list we will contact you to tell you stuff & see if you would like to buy something else from us.
- If you ask us to stop contacting you, we will.
- If you are processing a payment via our webstore we don't store your credit card or payment information, that is handled by 3rd parties such as Paypal, Shopify Payments, etc.
- We're not in the business of gathering & selling your data, but we are on the internet which necessitates some data exchange to make everything work.
We use & rely on 3rd party services such as Google, Wordpress, Shopify, Instagram, Facebook, Payment Processing, Klaviyo, etc. which have their own ever changing policies. It's best to go to the respective source for full specifics on what each of those entities are up to at any given time.
If you have any questions, simply contact us.
Formal Legal Policy
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
- WHO WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE SHARED WITH?
- HOW CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL DATA?
- REQUEST TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
- ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
- THIRD-PARTY COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- CONTACTING US
- GOVERNING LAW
- UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- “Applicable Laws” means the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) & their respective subsidiary legislations & regulations, as amended from time to time;
- "Apps" means our mobile app on iOS & Android & any other app we may own or operate from time to time;
- “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be reasonably identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data & other information to which we have or are likely to have access & would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any Applicable Laws;
- “Platforms” means collectively HOUSE OF UNIFORMS Apps, Social Media & Website, & any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
- “Related Corporations” means the subsidiary entities of HOUSE OF MO SHEN P/L
- “Social Media” means HOUSE OF UNIFORMS pages & accounts on third-party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Google+ & any others we may add or use.
- “HOUSE OF UNIFORMS, we, us, or our” means House of Mo Shen Pty Ltd T/As House of Uniforms (ABN 80 107 856 922), & includes any subsidiary entities in existence from time to time; &
- “Website” means the HOUSE OF UNIFORMS website & associated services accessed at the following address https://houseofuniforms.com.au/ or other internet locations.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, contact details, mailing & delivery addresses, email address, your shopping or browsing behaviours, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you & us. Where such information pertains to an identified individual - Personal Data may also include network & device data such as IP address & device or advertising identifiers & information we obtain using cookies or other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources & platforms (including data validation services, authentication service providers, social networking sites, online marketing & segmentation providers & ad targeting companies) to supplement the information we collect directly from you.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third-party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third-party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on our Website or Apps;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
- You browse our products & services or otherwise interact with our Website & Apps;
- You accept our cookies & other tracking technologies on your device;
- You interact with our customer service team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls, letters, skype or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private or direct messaging us on our Social Media;
- You purchase a gift card for redemption on HOUSE OF UNIFORMS;
- You participate in our promotions & giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- We consult publicly available sources of information, or receive references or referrals from marketing & business partners, Related Companies, & third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics & other service providers, business or commercial partners provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected & processed by them & disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
HOW WILL YOUR DATA BE USED?
We may use & disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- provide, maintain, protect & improve our technology, products & services, & monitor their effectiveness;
- register & maintain your user account & to verify your identity or age;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods (such as Paypal or Afterpay);
- process your returns, exchanges or refunds in accordance with our Terms & Conditions;
- provide you with supporting services & functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish-list, brand or product & browser notifications;
- personalise & improve your customer experience when you visit the Website & the Apps, for example by prioritising products & services appearing in your search results or feed, or in communications we send you;
- monitor & enforce compliance with our Terms & Conditions, including dispute resolution;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection & loss prevention activities, procurement, product & service development, quality control & research to improve the way we provide products & services to you;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; &
- ensure our Website & Apps function properly & to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimising our Website & Apps.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
In addition, we may use & disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- deliver ads that are related to our products & services that are targeted & personalised to your interests, attributes, preferences & experiences on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- enable businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products & services which may be of interest to you;
- provide you with any add-on or premium services;
- invite you to private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions & giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your details online, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law), initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- conduct market & customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products & services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative & business operations of HOUSE OF UNIFORMS & complying with internal policies & procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints & training our customer experience team, such as by recording & monitoring phone calls & emails;
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page; &
- as part of or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganisation, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use or disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
Finally, we may also collect information about you on an aggregated & anonymous basis - in order to conduct internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Website. This information is used by us to administer & improve our education & training & products & services.
WHO WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE SHARED WITH?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website & the Apps;
- logistics providers, such as courier, fulfilment or parcel-pickup services which will deliver your order to you, & parcel return partners;
- business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point redemption programs;
- business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or service organised by us;
- our professional advisers, bankers & auditors;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection & monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; & any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. However, we may also disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes if the secondary purpose is related to the Purpose or Additional Purpose & you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose, otherwise in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
You acknowledge & agree that, should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company, Website or app to a third-party:
- we shall be permitted to disclose the Personal Data & other information that we have collected from you to the third-party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you; &
- we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third-party.
HOW CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL DATA?
For Personal Data correction or deletion, please submit a written request to us via our Customer Service contact form or by emailing our privacy team here. We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing the access or making corrections.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data requests within 30 days. Where we are unable to meet this timeline, we will update you with the soonest possible time within we can provide the information or make the correction. Please note that certain types of Personal Data access & correction requests may be exempt under Applicable Laws, & we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling & processing of your Personal Data access request, if permitted by Applicable Laws.
While HOUSE OF UNIFORMS makes reasonable efforts to provide our users with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide such access, including but not limited to: where the information in question is legally privileged, would compromise the privacy or other legitimate rights of other persons, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, where the request is clearly excessive or unfounded, or where the information requested comprises proprietary business information.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, to keep you aware of what we’re up to & to help you see & find our products.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE OR DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing communications, you can do so by:
- to withdraw consent for marketing emails - click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ or ‘Update your preferences’ link in the email;
- by contacting our Customer Service team.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS) we may still contact you via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
Note it is not possible to unsubscribe from non-promotional (transactional) communications relating to your online orders or the operation of your account.
You may remove your account by Customer Service contact form or by emailing our privacy team here.
Note: If you withdraw your consent for us to use & process your Personal Data for the Purposes or the Additional Purposes or for other purposes, we may no longer be able to provide you with the related products, services or benefits associated with our promotion.
ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
You should ensure that all Personal Data you submit to us is complete, accurate, up-to-date & correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products & services you have requested. You should keep us updated of any relevant changes to your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of such changes.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organisation is accurate, up-to-date & correct.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected & secured & to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control. Further, given that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any (personal or other) information you transmit to us; & as such we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to our Platforms being linked to the Internet.
DATA RETENTION & DESTRUCTION
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed or anonymised. If this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data & isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOUSE OF UNIFORMS processes Personal Data in multiple countries. We may transfer your Personal Data to recipients possibly located outside the country where you live. If Personal Data is so transferred, we will comply with Applicable Laws in doing so. This includes: (i) obtaining your consent, unless an exception exists under Applicable Laws or any other laws, & (ii) taking reasonable steps to ascertain whether the foreign recipient of the Personal Data is bound to comply with standards of protection that are at least comparable to the Applicable Laws. Recipients of your Personal Data are likely to be located in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, the Philippines, United States of America, Luxembourg, Germany, Japan, Singapore & other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us.
THIRD-PARTY COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOUSE OF UNIFORMS uses the services of third-party vendors, who may implement one or more persistent “Tracking Technologies” (such as cookies, eTags, pixels, web beacons/ GIFs, local storage, or other identifiers on your device & browser settings) in order to recognise you & your device each time you visit our Website or Apps. We use these technologies for a number of purposes to enhance your online experience, such as for preference settings, offer selection, analytics, conversion attribution & fraud reduction. We use both session & persistent tracking technologies.
Advertisements or other services on the Website or Apps may be provided by third-party agencies. These advertisements may also include Tracking Technologies. The collection, use, & disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third-party Tracking Technologies are subject to the privacy & data protection policies of the third-party vendors & are not under our control. For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies & how to opt-out of them, please visit Your Online Choices.
You may reject first-party & third-party Tracking Technologies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website or App functionality, restrict your use of the Website or App, or delay or affect the way in which the Website or App operates.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor & analyse the use of our Website & Apps. The primary service providers we use are:
GOOGLE ANALYTICS & GOOGLE OPTIMIZE
HOUSE OF UNIFORMS uses certain Google Analytics functions. Please see this link for how your data is collected & this link for instructions on how to opt-out of any Google Analytics data tracking.
HOUSE OF UNIFORMS may use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including but not restricted to the following: Google Optimize, Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, & Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising & Google Optimize & customise Google Display Network ads.
HOUSE OF UNIFORMS also uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online; third-party vendors, including Google, may show HOUSE OF UNIFORMS ads on sites across the internet. HOUSE OF UNIFORMS & third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party Tracking Technologies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) & third-party Tracking Technologies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, & serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to HOUSE OF UNIFORMS, as well as report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, & interactions with these ad impressions & ad services are related to visits to HOUSE OF UNIFORMS.
When you log on to the HOUSE OF UNIFORMS website, HOUSE OF UNIFORMS with the help of Google Analytics may use your browsing behaviour to connect it with any other data that has previously been provided by you, in accordance with this policy.
FACEBOOK ANALYTICS & FACEBOOK INSIGHTS
Facebook Insights is a tool which tracks user interaction on the HOUSE OF UNIFORMS Facebook page, allowing page admins to track usage & improve page performance.
Facebook Analytics is a behavioural analytics solution that helps to track, measure, better understand, & optimise products & customer experience & provides audience information & unifies analytics across devices & channels.
Customer Service telephone number: 03 9555 7797
Email Us - (email@example.com)
Emails & letters should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complaint in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request or complaint promptly & fairly.
You can find more information about privacy & the protection of your Personal Data on the website of the OAIC at https://www.oaic.gov.au/
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY